Monday, January 11, 2010

My telework comment, 1.11.10

I have been teleworking for the past two year. I have been working for the Federal Government for almost six years. In my current Agency telework opportunities are available for all, providing their work assignments lend itself to work that can be accomplished outside the office and you are a responsible employee. In my previous assignments with the Government telework was available on a very limited basis and it seemed to only be open to a select few. During this time I marveled at those who were fortunate to meet criteria, and was extremely disappointed that I was not, and I thought I should have been granted the opportunity. I am totally pro telework and feel it is going to be the wave of the current as well as future workforce. I really would like to be able to be in a position where I can manage my work time in such a way that I only come to the office when there are things to do in the office, or by coming to the general vicinity of the office, which can not be accomplished by staying at home or by utilizing some form of telecommute.


No comments:

Post a Comment